FaithWriters First Place Winner Holly or Holy? by Kerry Nenn



              FaithWriters is a Christian Book Marketing partner that runs writing contests for Christian Writers weekly and monthly. In our Monthly Blog Contest  writers sharpen their skills while promoting a Christian based Ministry that is saving lives now and for eternity. These articles contain contextual links to the sponsoring ministry's website to promote awareness and encourage donations.   Writers who win receive Paid Writing Assignments from the sponsoring ministry.  FaithWriters promotes the growth of Christian Authors while spreading the gospel around the world. If you are a Christian writer, we would love to have you come and grow with us in a safe and caring Christian environment. Most Recent Contest – "Where's the line to see Jesus?" First place   Holly or Holy? by Kerry Nenn

This season, will I...
be surrounded by presents
or be surrounded by His presence?
have childlike wonder at the magic of Christmas
or wonder at the child - the meaning of Christmas?
watch a Christmas movie
or watch Christmas move me?
see snow fall
or His kingdom reign?
take my wishes to Father Christmas
or my prayers to the Heavenly Father?
sit by the crackling fire
or have a Holy Fire within me?
shop 'til I drop
or drop everything for Him?
enjoy a sleigh ride
or remember Jesus slain?
sing Christmas carols at people
or actually be caring for people?
have a piece of pie, good desserts
or know peace on earth, good will to men?
stand in line to see Claus,
or put myself on the line for Christ?
sit in awe of the Christmas tree
or stand in awe of Calvary's tree?
wish all a Merry Christmas
or think of Mary's Christmas?
hang beautiful lights,
or see the light of the world?
manage my time
or spend time at the manger?
attach a bow
or bow my knee?
Such an amazing gift,
this season, this reason.
This Christmas, Lord,
may I be wrapped up in you.

posted with permission.